My Work in the World
* President - Board of Directors of Meditation Groups Inc., located at Meditation Mount, Ojai California (www.meditation.com)
* VP Consulting Services at Our Best Work (www.ourbestwork.com)
* Associate of the Center for Ethical Leadership (www.ethicalleadership.org)
Michael Lindfield is a highly respected consultant and coach with over 30 years of international experience in helping individuals and organizations discover what it takes to unleash the creativity of the human spirit.
He works with people and groups at significant crossroads in their personal and professional lives who are searching for new direction and practices to help lead more meaningful and values-centered lives of service.
Michael brings to the table a deep understanding of organizational and human dynamics from a whole-system perspective that - together with his gift for uncovering the real questions that live at the heart of any issue - helps clients engage whole-heartedly in leading and managing their business endeavors more wisely and effectively within today’s interdependent world.
Michael learned his craft from a broad range of experiences that include:
- Working as a senior organization development consultant with The Boeing Company in Seattle from 1989-2005 - responsible for introducing innovative methods for large-scale change of the business and people systems, coaching individuals and teams in ‘break-through’ and ‘systems thinking’ and by generally assisting clients in creating the ‘right cultural conditions for success’ - from both a business and people perspective
- Serving as the Director of Education, a co-founder of the Garden School and a key member of the Leadership Team during a 14-year residency at the Findhorn Foundation (the renowned international community in northern Scotland seeking to build a viable and sustainable society by applying shared core values in all aspects of daily group life)
- Providing coaching and counseling to help individuals align the ‘inner’ with the ‘outer’ - a practical approach to discover and connect a person’s purpose and passion with their chosen professional and personal path in life
- Serving as a Board member since 2000 and current President of Meditation Groups Inc, located at Meditation Mount, Ojai in California (www.meditation.com)
- Offering organization development services through Lindfield & Associates to clients in health care, state and local government, aerospace and local technology companies.
- VP of Consulting Services for Our Best Work (www.ourbestwork.com)
- Conducting seminars and presenting at conferences around the world on the psychological and cultural aspects of initiating and managing the change process – both at a personal and organizational level.
Michael is the author of ‘The Dance of Change’ (Penguin Books 1986) and numerous articles featured in psychology, education and business journals. He is committed to the goal of living a sane, healthy, and productive life that, together with others, celebrates the creative power of the human spirit.
Michael finds balance and renewal through his passion for long-distance trail running, cycling, gardening and listening to the piano music of Chopin, Schubert, Haydn and Bill Evans.